How far am I from God? from Heaven? from Truth? Reflecting further on this life, I keep contemplating on how far (or close) am I from discovering the entire meaning of my existence. How different is my current concept of life versus the actual life? Those of you who have followed my blog, have read that I believe that the main reason we are here on earth, the main theme of the Gospel, is to serve others. And when we focus our attention to our own selfish agendas, then we are not accomplishing this mission. The sooner I empty myself from preconceived concepts about people, the world, life itself, I believe the closer I evolve towards God. Everything changes. It is a fact of life. If I choose to believe that I should believe certain things about life without any room for continuous learning and growth, then I am stuck, stagnated, I am then in a spiritual crisis. But to move on, to evolve, in my spiritual journey means growing and therefore getting closer to God. Could I be wrong about this belief? Yes I could, but I am convinced that at least I am here to serve others, unconditionally.
Evolving closer to God to me means the following:
- having less preconceived concepts about anything
- accepting my faults and the faults of others
- forgiving or refraining from holding grudges
- overlooking social differences such as sexual orientation, race, gender, religion, world views, etc.
- allowing the self to be transparent, without pretending to be someone I am not
- practicing simplicity and humility
- fighting for justice, peace, and equality
- letting go of ambitions
- having a growing desire to serve, unconditionally
What would be your definition of evolving towards God?